From Paris with love…

This will be a blog post short of words. Not because I don’t have anything to tell. Rather because I have to much to tell you.

And very little time.

Last week I went to Paris to attend a three days’ workshop with Béa Peltré of La tartine Gourmande and Sandra Mahut. The workshop was focused on props and styling and among other interesting things we got to see how Sandra works as a food stylist/photographer in her studio in Paris.

It was a joy.

And if you ever get the chance I can warmly recommend a workshop with Béa – a truly inspiring experience.

Here is my story. Mostly in pictures.

Sonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: LilacsSonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Saint Ouen Flea MarketSonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Saint Ouen Flea MarketWe went to Saint Ouen Flea Market to look for props. And we shopped till we dropped…

Sonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Workshop in Paris

There were lots of nice conversations and laughs.

Sonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Workshop in ParisSonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Workshop in Paris

We worked in Sandra’s studio. We got to play with all of her lovely props. And yes – there was food. Lots of food.

Sonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Workshop in Paris

We visited an open food market to buy fruit for our ‘Tartelettes aux fraises’ and ‘Clafoutis aux fruits rouges’.

Clafoutis aux fruits rouges

Sonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Workshop in Paris

On our last day we had lunch at Restaurant Septime. A wonderful experience. No wonder chef Bertrand Gerbaud recently received his first Guide Michelin star.

Sonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Workshop in Paris

We finished our three days with a little pique-nique and photo shoot near Canal St Martin.

Sonja Dahlgren/Dagmars Kitchen :: Workshop in Paris

I am so happy that I signed up for this workshop. I got back last Thursday totally knackered but with so many nice experiences and filled to the brim with inspiration. I am also so blessed to have met such wonderful friends in Anette, Sif, Camille, Eda, Maria, Deniz and Susan. The evenings and dinners with you guys were unforgettable.

I hope to meet you all some day again!

From Gothenburg with love.

Deniz - April 30, 2014 - 7:30 pm

Such lovely memories Sonja :) I agree, it was full of inspirations. And your photos are so beautiful. Hope to meet you again one day. Love, Deniz

mathilde - May 1, 2014 - 8:52 am

I would to go to this workshop but i couldn’t come. It should be so fine. The next time maybe…. i hope

Stephanie {Mitt skafferi} - May 1, 2014 - 9:21 pm

Åh, vad det ser härligt ut Sonja! Är inte ett dugg avundsjuk ;)

Sini | my blue&white kitchen - May 3, 2014 - 1:05 pm

Looks like you had an amazing, inspiring time in Paris! I’ve dreamed of attending one of Béa’s workshops – her cooking and photography is something I have looked up to for many years already. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures with us, Sonja.

Karin A - May 3, 2014 - 6:57 pm

Åh det ser helt fantastiskt ut! Vilken workshop och resa. :) kram Karin

Ingrid Bergman - May 13, 2014 - 4:26 pm

Åhå! Det ser ju fantastiskt ut! Och vilken upplevelse!

Shana - May 14, 2014 - 4:50 am

These must be pastries from my favorite Paris bakery Du Pain et des Idees. Is that where they are from? I indulge in these when I go to Paris!

Sonja {Dagmar's Kitchen} - May 14, 2014 - 8:22 am

Shana – you’re absolutely right! Lovely bakery!

Regina - June 7, 2014 - 1:19 pm

Oh, it sounds so exciting!!!! I’m going to attend a food styling workshop with Béa at the end of this month in England, it’s going to be my first very one, and reading about your experience and looking at your beautiful photos makes me even more excited about it.

Have a great weekend.

With Purple | La Tartine Gourmande - May 10, 2014 - 3:16 am

[…] adorable and talented Swedish student already talks about it on her delicious blog, Dagmar's Kitchen […]